Because I do. A lot.
In my first year seminar today, we watched part of a documentary called “Indoctrinate U,” in which this independent filmmaker finds cases of conservative students and faculty members from college campuses who have been discriminated against because of their beliefs. Now I’m one of those people that can voice my opinion in any situation, but there’s just a point where I’m overcome with so much annoyance that it’s not even possible for me to even think straight. I have views that can be considered hateful, spiteful, racist, homophobic, etc. and I’m proud of that. I formed these views on my own and I think it’s important to stay true to those beliefs. So, to touch on a few points:
- Affirmative Action - No matter what way you look at it, it’s wrong. College is not a thing to take lightly, and if you’re gonna tell me a person who may have less intelligence than me is going to take my spot in college because he has a darker skin tone, you can go to Hell.
- Women’s Rights - You want the same rights as everyone else, struggle as much as everyone else does. Don’t expect everything to get handed to you on a platter because you make babies. If you’re gonna do that, you don’t have to worry about having equal rights, just make babies.
- Homosexuality - I don’t care if you do it, don’t do it around me. I try to be respectful enough that I don’t go around and flaunt the fact that I’m straight, please don’t put me through that.
- Liberals - I agree with some of the things that you say and do, but in truth I’m a Republican. I’m a conservative. I am not a Nazi, I am not a Fascist.
- Racism - It applies both ways. If a black man assumes a white man is a racist because the white man “looked at him funny,” that’s racism. Believe it or not, white people have feelings too. You weren’t slaves, your great-great-great grandparents were. Stop exploiting them. On top of that, don’t pull any Martin Luther King Jr. bullshit over on me. He wanted a world where all men were created and viewed as equal. Minorities looking down on white people as being racist and whatnot is completely against his beliefs. He would not be proud.
I think that’s all I have to say for now. Those are my views.
Now I’m alone. Again.
Oh well. Such is life.
OH. MY. GAWD.
That was such a good movie. I was tense the entire time, the ending was crazy, and I already know what the next horror movie I wanna see in theaters is.
Until January, I wait…
I had one.
And it was easy.